How to Play Craps
What Do You Need to Play Craps?The Craps is played on a table which is made for this game and on which you can see different types of bets. These are located in every casino nowadays and it is extremely popular game. Apart from that, the main instrument for playing Craps are 2 dice.
The Pass Line on the TableThe table may look complex, but the only bet that is played the most is the “Pass Line” bet (which is also the one that is confusing to the newcomers) where the players put chips before the game begins. You simply then do a come-out roll and caste the dice. If you get a 7 or 11, you’ve won. On the other hand, if you win 2,3 or 12 you lose. But what about the other numbers? If your come-out roll is 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10, you just got the point number. This means that you have to get that number in the following rolls in order to win. If you get a seven during these rolls – you lost. For example, if 3 becomes your point number, and you roll five numbers as follows: 5, 6, 8, 11, and 12 you did nothing and you must continue before you either get a 3 and win or get a 7 and lose. Other types of bets on the table include:
- Come – these bets are placed after the point is established
- Don’t Pass – contrary to Pass Line, you win if you get 2 or 3 and lose on 7 and 11 (12 is a push)
- Don’t Come – inverted come
- Odds Bets – side bets placed after the established point
- Place Lose – after a point, you get to choose one of the numbers and win if 7 is rolled before those numbers
- Place Win – you win if the chosen number is rolled before 7
- Buy Bets – similar to place win with higher wins and a 5% commission
- Lay Bets – similar to place lose with higher wins and a 5% commission
- Big 6 and Big 8 – win if a 6 or an 8 is rolled before 7
- Hardways – a hard number is a double (hard 8 is a double 4)
- Field Bet – win if you get 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 or 12, lose if you get other numbers
- Proposition Bet – straightforward prediction for the next roll
Strategies for Playing CrapsThere are hundreds of strategies for playing Craps, but several basic ones can be suggested to the beginners:
- Always bet a Pass Line bet on a come-out roll.
- Make an Odds bet whenever a point is established as it often has 0 house edge in online casinos
- Avoid placing proposition bets as they are considered the worst type of bets and usually ignored as they are settled after only one roll.
- Learn the Craps lingo as you will have to constantly communicate with other players and the dealer – it’s what makes this game so interesting and intense.